Monday, February 21, 2011

Things are a'changin!

So, I've decided to re-purpose this blog, just like you'd re-purpose an old chair to make it new and exciting and something people actually want to sit on.  Oooh, that metaphor kind of halfway fell apart at the end there.

Anyway!  I don't think my blog should be diary-style anymore.  All good blogs have a shtick. I need a shtick.  I have come up with one!

I'm going to re-do Paige's Leaf as a blog that reviews books.

I know.  I'm a genius.

You want to know how genius this idea is?  I don't even have to change the name of my blog.  It fits perfectly!

So, I've decided to do this because I like to read and I like to share what I read.  I think this will be a good thing.  I read mostly YA (Young Adult) novels because I think that they're more interesting and imaginative than OA (Old Adult) novels, although an OA might pop up once in a while.  The first book I will be reviewing is called "Book of Shadows" and it's the first book in the "Sweep" series by Cate Tiernan.

(***Note to self:  Research proper ways to grammar-tize book titles and series titles.  This will probably come in handy when it comes to your new book blog.  Also, if you ever decide to go by Caitlyn, your first name, change the spelling because, when shortening it, Cate is way cuter-looking than Cait.  Bleh.***)

I don't know how this book will be, because I haven't started reading it yet, but it does have a fun story behind it for me.  And whether it's good or not, you people will be hearing about it!  Here's a short synopsis:

"Morgan thinks witchcraft is laughable when her best friend Bree drags her to a meeting of the Cirrus Coven. But during a ceremony led by Cal, Morgan's long-time crush, Morgan feels a shock. Suddenly everything looks brighter, clearer. Morgan doesn't want to get involved with witchcraft-but she feels like witchcraft is choosing her. "

Yes, it's from back when Harry was huge and every book was about magic.  Oh well.  Should be fun.  The last thing I'd like to share with you is my Book Buffer.  These are the books I keep on my shelf so I can be sure I'm never out of something to read.  A buffer between what I'm reading now and reading nothing at all.  These are books you can expect to see reviews of in my blog in the upcoming months.  Here is a picture of my Book Buffer, as it looks right now:


"Oooo!"  "Aaaah!"  "Oh, my gosh, Paige, we are so excited about this new direction you are taking!"

I know.  I think it'll be epic.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. That's exciting. :P Kind of makes me want to do the same thing with my blog, since I've been reading so much lately too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, you're funny, Paige! It's fun to read your blog, and now I get to know what books you're reading too! :)

    ReplyDelete